Skip To Main Content

Student Registration

General Registration Information

Students outside


Welcome to Craven County Schools! We are excited to have you join our district. As a district, we welcome all students regardless of race, color, creed, sex, religion, national origin, or disabling condition, who live within the boundaries of the Craven County School district and meet state age and health requirements.

Please use this page to complete the enrollment/registration process for your child(ren) to enroll and attend Craven County Schools. Parents/Guardians are required to complete the enrollment/registration of any child using the online registration system. Once you have finished the online registration process, you will need to visit your child’s school to complete the enrollment/registration process and for your child to begin school.

To help you with the enrollment/registration process, please use this Check List to ensure you complete all necessary steps.

Children must be five (5) years old on or before August 31 of the year they will enter kindergarten. If a child’s fifth birth date falls on or after September 1, the child is not eligible to enroll. Guidelines for Early Entry into Kindergarten can be found here.

At any time, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Craven County Schools at 252-514-6300 or the school your child(ren) is to attend.

Step 1: Find your base school*

In Craven County Schools, students are assigned to the school of his/her grade level serving the attendance zone in which that student's parent/legal guardian is domiciled. (Ref: Policy 4150)

Find your base school using our CCS Base School.  Your base school may have an enrollment cap. You will still register for your base school. 

*Military families with PCS Orders can proceed to Step 2.

If you have additional questions, please call Craven County Schools Central Office at 252-514-6300 and ask for Dr. Gregory Monroe, Director of Student Services, or email You will need to provide an exact street address and house number to determine which school your child will attend.

 (Enrollment of a child under false documents subjects the person to liability for tuition or other costs. In the event that incorrect information is provided, the Board of Education reserves the right to transfer the student to his/her appropriate school immediately.) 

Step 2: Enroll online (only available for the current school year)

Please click on the link to begin the registration process 



*(REGISTRATION FOR CRAVEN EARLY COLLEGE  and EARLY COLLEGE EAST FOR THE 24-25 SCHOOL YEAR IS CLOSED. Applications are accepted until the end of February and then submitted to a lottery for selection.)

Have questions?  Please contact us at 252-514-6300 and we will be happy to walk you through the registration process.

Step 3: Documents needed to Enroll

Please upload the following documents or you can bring them to the school:

  • Copy of current photo ID or driver’s license of the legal guardian
  • Certified copy of child’s birth certificate
  • Proof of Residence (Examples below)
    • Copy of the mortgage document or copy of deed to property which indicates the street or road address of the property or a copy of the residential lease showing street or road address
    • Copy of a current utility bill in the name of the parent showing residence address (electric, gas, water, or cable)
  • Legal custody documentation papers (if applicable)
  • Health Immunization records
  • NC Health Assessment (for Kindergarten & first-time enrollee – forms are located on the district website under Health forms)
  • Homeschool documentation (if the child was homeschooled prior to entering public schools)
  • A current Report Card or Transcript (high school)  for your child, if available
  • Withdrawal form from the previous school

Step 4: Obtain and submit proof of Immunizations and NC Health Assessment

Required Vaccinations

State law requires every child entering public schools in North Carolina for the first time to receive a health assessment. The assessment must occur within 12 months prior to entering school. Your medical provider should provide a completed N.C. Health Assessment Form to the school on or before the child's first day of attendance. N.C. Health Assessment Forms are also available at  Craven County schools, area doctors' offices, or at the Craven County Health Department. 

State law requires these vaccinations before a student enters kindergarten and 7th grade.  

New requirement: State law now requires all rising 12th graders to get a meningococcal vaccine booster before starting 12th grade. Parents will need to provide a copy of their child’s immunization record showing proof of the meningococcal vaccine before the first day of school in August 2020.

Frequently Asked Questions