Welcome Military Families!
Welcome to Craven County Schools! We are proud to serve our military students and families and we thank you for your service and sacrifice.
What you can expect...
- A Military-Friendly School
- Personalized transition services and application of MIC3 (Military Interstate Children's Compact)
- Counselor available year-round to assist with academic transitions
- Peer-to-Peer Student Welcoming and Transition Program: Buddy 2 Buddy
- National Carry the Flag/Carry the Load Programs
- School-based groups that focus on military-specific topics like deployment, reintegration, mindfulness, stress, and grief
- STEM-focused schools
- MTSS (Multi-tiered System of Support) to support students immediate learning needs
- Teachers use of Learning Focused Lesson methodolgy
- AVID Program at select schools from elementary through high school
- Support from MCAS Cherry Point School Liaison Program/Officer
- MFLC Program
- Celebration of the unique contributions of our military-families -- Month of the Military Child, Veterans Day, etc.
And other school-specific programs designed to provide opportunities to and build on the strengths of our military-connected students!