Degrees and Certifications:
I graduated from NCSU with undergraduate and master's degrees in food science and minors in nutrition and microbiology. I worked as a research technican at the ECU Brody School of Medicine for 10 years prior to becoming a teacher. The lab's main focus was prostate cancer research and I am listed as coauthor on 8 scientific papers. I have taught high school science for the last 16 years. I have taught earth science, physical science, chemistry, AP chemistry, microbiology, biology, and AP biology.
1st period Physical Science
2nd period Physical Science
3rd period Chemistry
4th period Planning
Havelock High School School Year: 2020-2021
Instructor: Ginger Wescott
email@example.com Course: Physical Science
Course description and objectives: This class will introduce you to the basics of physics and chemistry and how they apply to your life. We will complete labs, demonstrations, and hands-on activities to help us understand science better.
Essential Standard 1: Develop an understanding of forces and motion.
Essential Standard 2: Develop an understanding of matter.
Essential Standard 3: Develop an understanding of energy.
A = 90-100 B = 80-89 C = 70-79 D = 60-69 F = 59 or below
Grading per 9 weeks: Tests = 40% Quizzes = 20% Classwork/Homework = 40%
- Follow all Havelock High School policies.
- It is your responsibility to find out what you missed after an absence and complete that work in a timely manner.
- You have 3 school days to complete any assignment. After that, I will take off 15 points for each day that it is late.
- Follow all safety rules during labs. Failure to do this will result in a zero for that assignment.
- All students will follow the expectations to do their own work. I consider copying another student’s work as cheating.
You can expect to be challenged in this class. However, as with anything in life, you will get out of this class only what you put into it. If you have any questions or problems, please email me.