2021-2022 Meal Information
Craven County Cafeteria Lunch Feeding Starting January 11th, 2022
Based on the updated guidelines from NCDHHS in the Strong SchoolsNC Public Health Toolkit, Craven County School Nutrition recommends that schools implement the following:
- Students in grades K-5 will eat lunch in the classroom. Students in grades 6-12 will follow their current lunch model and maintain a minimum of 3-6 feet of physical distancing when actively eating. Additionally, the school gym or an alternate open location will be an option for feeding during lunch to accommodate 3-6 feet of physical distancing. Custodial staff will mark spaces 3-6 feet apart as determined by the school team.
- All students will go through the cafeteria lines to pick up their meals to accommodate USDA Guidelines under Offer Vs. Serve.
- Students eating at the alternate location will receive their meal in a “to go” container when available. (School administration should carefully consider the groups of students that will be eating at the alternate sites).
Craven County Cafeteria Breakfast Feeding Starting January 11th, 2022
- Students in grades K-5 will continue to eat breakfast in the classroom. The school team will do their best to ensure that students maintain 3-6 ft of physical distancing while eating.
- Students in grades 6-12 will continue their current breakfast model. The school team will do their best to ensure that students maintain 3-6 ft of physical distancing while eating.