About Title 1...Vision: Our Title 1 vision is to have all students reach their potential as successful learners.
Mission: Our Title 1 mission is to support the regular educational initiative to ensure that all students are given the opportunity to succeed in the classroom.
* Title 1 is a federally funded program which addresses both remediation of skills and acceleration of skill acquisition. This program is designed to provide learning activities/opportunities for students needing extra assistance to be successful in the classroom. As Title 1 teachers, we serve sudents in the classroom, in small groups, or individiually to help them reach their potential.
* Title 1 offers opportunities for parents also:
1. Parents are encouraged to participate in the HUG (Help Us Grow) Volunteer program.
2. Parents may check out helpful information and educational games from the Parent Corner in the Media Center.
3. A publication from the county, providing useful information is distributed monthly, as well as, the school newsletter.
4. Parent Workshops are scheduled throughout the year to help parents assist their children. The dates for this year's workshops are listed under the Schedule of Events tab.
* Parents, if you'd like to be part of a local organization dedicated to the promotion of literacy in our community and to receive great strategies to involve your children in reading, you may join the Twin Rivers Council of the International Reading Association. The organization meets several times throughout the year and offers outstanding programs on reading and the teaching of reading. If you see you'd like to join, you may do so for a fee of $15.00. For more information see Mrs. White (Title 1 Interventionist) or Mrs. Hernandez (4th grade teacher).
* The Young Authors' Project is sponsored by the North Carolina Reading Association (NCRA). The Twin Rivers Council and GAB are proud to support the program and have so many students participate in the writing contest each year. This year's theme will be revealed very soon. The Young Authors' state winners' celebration is held in March at the Raleigh Convention Center and the county winners' recognition will be at the Twin River's Young Authors' celebration for Craven County held at Havelock High School in April.
Links of Interest