General Registration

  • Student Enrollment/Registration

    Parents should enroll their child as soon as they arrive in Craven County.

    Craven County Schools welcome all students regardless of race, color, creed, sex, religion, national origin or disabling condition who live within the boundaries of the Craven County School district and meet state age and health requirements. Parents should enroll their child as soon as they arrive in  Craven County at the school they will be attending by visiting the appropriate school. If you have questions about which school your child should attend, call the Central Office at (252) 514-6300.

    Children who will be five years old on or before August 31 are eligible for admission. 

    Requirements for early entry into Kindergarten can be found at the link below.

    Guidelines for Early Entry into Kindergarten


     Assignment Policy

    Each Student enrolled in Craven County Schools is assigned to the school of his/her grade level serving the attendance zone in which that student’s parent/legal guardian is domiciled.  ( Ref: Policy 4150)


    Determining School Assignment Districts

    Information on school assignment districts can be obtained by calling Craven County Schools Central Office at 252-514-6300 or you may visit our District website at  You will need to provide an exact street address to determine which school your child will attend.


    Steps to enroll a student in Craven County Schools: 

    Please bring the following items with you to enroll your child:

     Property tax records which indicate the street or road address location of the residence

    • Copy of the mortgage document or copy of deed to property which indicates the street or road address of the property or a copy of the residential lease showing street or road address
    • Copy of a current utility bill in the name of the parent showing residence address (electric, gas, water or cable)
    • Copy of current photo ID or driver’s license showing street or road address

     You will also need to bring the following:

    • Certified copy of child’s birth certificate
    • Legal custody documentation papers (if applicable)
    • Health Immunization records
    • NC Health Assessment (for Kindergarten & first-time enrollee – forms are located on district website under Health forms)
    • Homeschool documentation (if child was homeschooled prior to entering public schools)
    • A current Report Card or Transcript (high school)  for your child, if available
    • Withdrawal form from the previous school

Q & A

  • What if I need to leave my child with someone else?

    Posted by:

    You may need to do the Parent Affidavit.  The parent affidavit is used in cases when the parent is going to be deployed, incarcerated or hospitalized for a period of time.  The Parent Affidavit allows the caretaker to make educational decision for the child in the parents absence.  

    Comments (-1)
  • What if I am not the parent and don't have legal custody of the child?

    Posted by:

    You will have to complete a Caretaker Affidavit.  The Caretaker Affidavit is used in the following situations:

    The parent is...




    Mentally or physically unable to care for the child

    Lost their home due to a fire or natural disaster

    The child has been abandoned as proved by the parents' lack of emotional or financial support.


    Notarized statements granting guardianship are not acceptable.  

    Comments (-1)
  • What if the lease or utilities are not in my name?

    Posted by:

    A signed and notarized affidavit is required if you are living in the household with someone and one or both proofs of residence, i.e. property tax record, utility bill, are not in your name.  A picture ID must be presented identifying the person you are living with. Both parties ID must display same address.   You may acquire this form from the Board of Education Central Services or the attending school may have them (please call school for verification due to notaries not located at all schools).  The school may refer to this form as a "doubling up" form. 

    Comments (-1)