Welcome Military Families!
Click here to view our Welcome Aboard video!
Welcome to Craven County Schools! This site provides access to information and resources for military families about our school system, educational information, school transition, deployment support, community resources and more. We are proud to serve our military students and families and we thank you for your service and sacrifice.
What you can expect...
- Certified Purple Star Schools*
- Personalized transition services and application of MIC3 (Military Interstate Children's Compact)
- Middle and High School Counselors available year-round to assist with academic transitions
- Peer-to-Peer Student Welcoming and Transition Programs:
- S2S (Student to Student for High School)
- H.O.S.T. (Helping Our Students Transition for Middle School)
- Buddy 2 Buddy (Elementary School)
- School-based groups that focus on military-specific topics like deployment, reintegration, mindfulness, stress, and grief
- STEM-focused schools
- MTSS (Multi-tiered System of Support) to support students immediate learning needs
- Teachers use of Learning Focused Lesson methodolgy
- AVID Program at select schools from elementary through high school
- Support from MCAS Cherry Point School Liaison Program/Officer
- MFLC Programs at select schools
- Celebration of the unique contributions of our military-families -- Month of the Military Child, Veterans Day, etc.
And other school-specific programs designed to provide opportunities to and build on the strengths of our military-connected students!
*16 schools awarded Purple Star designation in 2020. See complete list on "The Stream" newsletter link.