Skip To Main Content

Alternate Education Information

If your child is interested in pursuing their diploma or GED through another agency such as a community college program, the Parent/Guardian will need to do the following:

  • Withdraw the child from their high school
  • Meet with the school counselor and principal to acquire the proper paperwork 
  • Parent and student signatures should only be completed at the Craven County Board of Education with the notary present
  • Make an appointment with Dr. Sellers to have the paperwork approved and notarized by calling (252)514-6300 or sending an email to
    • Bring to the appointment: Student with their identification, parent/guardian with their identification, paperwork from the school signed by the principal and school counselor