• 2021-2022 Forms

    2021-2022 Reassignment Request Fillable Form to print or download, complete and attach to an email to

    2021-2022 Reassignment Request Form Information  (PLEASE REVIEW PRIOR TO SUBMITTING REQUEST)

    2021-2022 Release Request Form (to be released from Craven County Schools to attend out of district)

    Where to Get a Form

    Reassignment and Release Forms are available online, may be obtained at any Craven County School or from the Craven County Board of Education.  You may also request a mailed copy by calling the Craven County Board of Education at 252 514-6300. 

    How to Submit the Form

    A completed form for each child must be emailed to melody.howell@cravenk12org turned in at the Craven County Board of Education or mailed to Craven County Schools, Attn: Melody Howell, 3600 Trent Road, New Bern NC 28562. If additional space is needed to fully explain the reason for requesting a reassignment, you may attach additional documents or include it in your email.

    *Reassignment and Release Forms may downloaded to complete or printed to complete by hand. To submit the form you may attach it to an email or take a picture of the completed form and attach to an email.

    How are Reassignments Determined

    School reassignments are granted for hardship situations.  Many things will be taken into consideration when processing reassignment requests such as discipline, attendance, tardies, and space at the requested school. Parents must provide their own transportation to and from school if on reassignment. Employees of Craven County Schools are able to have their children reassigned to be at their place of employment or the nearest school.

    If a family moves during the school year and wishes for their child to finish the school year at their current school, they may also request reassignment.  

    Reasssignments for the upcoming school year that are turned in according to the process and by the deadline of June 1, 2021, are evaluated by the Director of Student Support Services. The family will be mailed a letter regarding the decision.  If the request is denied, the family may then file a written appeal to the Superintendent for consideration.  Once the appeal is reviewed by the Superintendent and a determinination is made, a letter will be sent to the family.  If the request is denied by the Superintendent, the family may then file an appeal to the Board of Education which will be heard by a panel fo 2-3 Board members.  At the Board hearing, the family may present additional information regarding their request.  The panel will make the final decision which will be mailed to the family.

    Familes that Reside out of Craven County

    Families residing outside of Craven County that wish to attend a Craven County School should complete the 2021-2022 Reassignment Form and pay an out of county tuition fee.  The fee for the 21-22 school year is $1861.  The tuition fee must be paid prior to the first day of school for that student.  Employees are not required to pay the out of county tuition fee for their children.

    Fee for 2021-2022 school year for out of county students - $1861.00

    If you have questions, please contact Mike Swain, Director of Student Services at 252 514-6300 or






  •  Mike Swain

    Director of Student Services
    Mike Swain
    p: 252-514-6341
    f: 252-514-6376


    Administrative Assistant
    Melody Howell
    p: 252-514-6359