2021-2022 Traditional Calendar Survey
Craven County Schools is seeking feedback on proposed 2021-22 school calendar options.
The survey will be open February 19-28, 2021.
The feedback from this survey will be shared with the Board of Education for their consideration in adopting the calendar for the 2021-2022 school year. Please understand this is not a vote, but a means of sharing feedback to inform the Board's decision.
According to NC School Calendar Legislation, school calendars must meet certain criteria.
Below is a highlight of some of the legislation:
· Earliest day to start is the Monday closest to August 26.
· Last day of school can be no later than the Friday closest to June 11.
· Covers at least nine calendar months.
· Must have a minimum of 185 days OR 1,025 hours of instruction.
· Teacher contracts must cover 215 days.
Any changes made by the General Assembly to the school calendar law could require a change to our district's school calendar.
Please complete the survey at this link.
The survey will close on February 28, 2021.
Thank you for your feedback.
Below are the calendar options for your review: