Welcome to the 2020-2021 School Year!
Degrees and Certifications:
Elementary 1-8 Special Education K-12 Transition to Work Endorsement Master's Degree in Educational Technology
Ms. Laura Geilhard
My name is Laura Geilhard. I am excited to be your teacher this year. I graduated from Youngstown State University with my Bachelor Degree. I completed my Master's Degree at American College of Education. And I most recently completed my Transition to Work endorsement at the University of Cincinnati.
This is my first year teaching at Havelock High School, but it is my 17th year of teaching. I have taught in Pennsylvania and Ohio prior to moving to North Carolina. I am so excited to begin this year in North Carolina in Craven County School District at Havelock High School.
I love spending time with my family and my two dogs! We are a pretty active family who loves spending time outdoors.
I look forward to learning more about you and if you ever have any questions, please call or email me.
We are going to have a great year!
F-59% and below
Attendance is required each day school is in session.
Attendance will be taken during our class time in the morning. If you cannot attend class for any reason, please call or email me to report off so I may review your assignment with you.
All assignments are due by Friday of that week.
Teacher: Ms. Laura Geilhard
- This means I will be actively looking at my email, making phone calls, and grading in Google Classroom and Power School.
- Wednesday from 12-2 pm
Live Class Times:
(Ms. Collins) https://cravenk12.zoom.us/j/98314071045
Prep 2, Prep 3, Prep 4
Prep 3 & 4 Geilhard
Prep 1 Geilhard
- Beginning on August 17th, classes will be held virtually. Students will log into Google Classroom and school assignments will be posted there. Live instruction will be held daily with the hours above. Attendance will be taken each period.
- Assignments are due Friday each week.
- Your attendance is very important! Attendance will count towards your grade and hours working in the Preparation course.
- To earn your grades you will be graded each week on the hours you put into your assignments and learning opportunities in Zoom.
100%= 4 hours per week
80%= 3 hours per week
60%= 2 hours per week
40%= 1 hour per week
0%= 0 hours per week
Hours for the quarter:
A= 60 hours
B= 59-50 hours
C= 49-40 hours
D= 39-30 hours
F= 29 and less hours
Prep 2, 3 and 4:
100%= 8 hours per week
80%= 6 hours per week
60%= 4 hours per week
40%= 2 hour per week
0%=0 hours per week
Hours for the quarter:
A= 110-120 hours
B= 90-109 hours
C= 70-89 hours
D= 50-69 hours
F= 49 hours and less
Attendance and Effort are very important in the OCS program!