School Counseling Office
CFNC Financial Aid Webinar
Wednesday, January 16; 3:00-4:00pm
Financial Aid 101
Register at cfnc.org/events
*Intended Audience: Students, parents, educators
Facilitator: April Query, CFNC Regional Representative, College Foundation, Inc.
Want to learn the basics about the college financial aid process? Join for a look at a recommended timeline for high school students and their parents. We will discuss several sources of paying for college such as scholarships, grants, work, savings, and loans. Other topics will include the importance of the FAFSA and finding help for completing the FAFSA
Current Juniors, see the below link for a summer opportunity.
The “best” summer opportunity awaits current high school juniors on the campus of Appalachian State University. The Martha Guy Summer Institute for Future Business Leaders (MGSI) has a solid history of inspiring students through exploration of the business world, and we will begin accepting applications for our 2019 Cohort on December 1, 2018.
Unique aspects of MGSI
- Unlike most summer opportunities, MGSI combines a residential experience with out of state travel. Following two weeks on campus at Appalachian State University, the program concludes with a week of travel to various business and cultural/entertainment sites.
- Each MGSI class is small. Twenty-four students are selected. The group size provides a much more intimate, personal experience for each participant.
- It is quite affordable considering the extensive travel, excursions and activities; tuition is $1,900 plus a meal plan fee of $350. **
**Need-based scholarships are available to qualified applicants.
Which students are well suited for MGSI?
- We are seeking students who have a sincere interest in business as a college major and demonstrate leadership potential. Some candidates have an entrepreneurial spirit, or have unique or extensive part-time work experience. Also consider your most competitive students among under-represented groups and populations. Interested students should demonstrate academic achievement.
- Students who embrace and appreciate new people, opportunities and experiences are ideal for MGSI. They should also be well-prepared to be away from home and able to manage a demanding schedule.
Application deadline is February 28th 2019
Duke Summer Session for High School Students (Grades 9-12)
Are you looking for a captivating and meaningful way to spend your summer? Join us atDuke Summer Session for High School Students and get a taste of life on a college campus.
By attending one of our programs, you will prepare for college by delving deeper into intellectually stimulating courses of interest, which may even include the opportunity to accompany your college application with a letter of recommendation from a Duke instructor. In addition to challenging yourself academically, you will engage with a diverse group of peers, exposing you to different cultures and expanding your future network. Not to mention, you will leave with a lifetime of memories!
Interested in learning more about our programs? Visit our website, and be sure to mark your calendars for December 3rd, 2018 when our applications open!
REMIND TEXTS TO JUNIORS AND SENIORS
Juniors and Seniors, if you would like to receive remind texts from the school counseling office, you can text: 81010 @d9g777The texts will focus on those activities/tasks that are of interest to grade 11 and/or 12 students.